Friday, June 19, 2009

first day

Greetings everyone. Looks like I'll be starting up another China blog for another China adventure. I am not in China yet but will be departing here (Ellensburg, Washington) to Shanghai on the 27th of June. I'm not sure how often I'll have access to internet in China seeing as I'll be moving around a lot in rural areas but I'll try to update as often as I can.
If my mom or myself haven't told you I am going to China to do research pertaining to water resource management in rural Northwest China for the next 7 weeks through a National Science Foundation grant and Central Washington University. My specific group's area of study are the sociological effects of how water is managed in these rural areas. We haven't came up with a specific research topic yet, but once it's thought up I'll be sure to share. Of course I am really excited to have this opportunity but I'm mostly excited to be working with diverse and quirky professors who specialize in these areas.
So far we have only participated in typical orientation activities so there isn't too much to speak of but I will note that I like Ellensburg, it reminds me a lot of Kansas minus the surrounding mountains and cool summer weather.
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this round and I'll update as soon as anything interesting happens.

-alina

No comments:

Post a Comment